Saturday, November 10, 2012

Recycle Bank

Go check out this site 
Recyclebank is working towards a world without waste by rewarding people for taking everyday green actions. It's free to join and as easy as 1, 2, 3. Earn points for taking everyday green actions, redeem them for great rewards, and learn ways to save money and live greener every day!

A friend of mine told me about this site and I'm so glad she did! The site is has interactive opportunities to earn points which can be redeemed for all sorts of things! In exchange for a few minutes of your time, you learn about the environment, steps you can take to positively impact our world AND you can redeem your points for awesome rewards! Rewards like discounts on groceries, entertainment and even gift cards! 

You get to choose from categories like:                           
  • clothing and accessories                                   
  • gifts and flowers 
  • health and beauty 
  • food and beverage
  • go green
  • holiday rewards
Rewards can be redeemed by:
  • Print at Home
  • On-line
  • via Mail
My personal favorite is a $10.00 off $50.00 Coupon for Harris Teeter. It is basically FREE money!!! For a few minutes of time learning about ways to help the environment and save myself some money (like turning off the shower water while I put shampoo in my hair), I can quickly rack up enough points to get $10.00 of free food! Yesterday, I used my $10 off $50 HT coupon at Lowe's Foods (they accept their competitor's coupons). It was great- Lowe's has a deal thru 11/13 that as long as you spend at least $35 you can get a turkey for .47/lb! I bought a 21 lb turkey for $9.91!! Fist pump! Because I was doing a regular grocery run, it was easy to spend the required $35 and I knew I had to spend $50 anyway in order to use my $10 off coupon. Y'all, that turkey was free-the coupon essentially bought Thanksgiving dinner :) Double fist pump!!

Next time, I'm going to cash in my points for a year subscription to Martha Stewart Living magazine. I earned 215 points yesterday morning (in about 20 minutes) and only need 75 more! 

Join the site, learn something helpful, and pick your rewards! I'd love to hear how easy you find earning points to be and what you pick as your reward! Leave a comment!

**UPDATE: Be sure to check out the SC Johnson Green Choices Challenge. I just earned 155 points in 10 minutes by clicking on all the targets in the house for August, September, October, and November. 

Bless your mess,
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!