Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Hip Thrift Store Find

As I've mentioned before, I love to shop at thrift stores. I was out today and came across what has to be THE most intriguing item ever. Didn't need it and sure didn't want it but HAD to get it so I could share it with you. What can I say? I'm just generous like that.

Feast your eyes on this little beauty:


Front of Package

Observations:

1. The color listed at the top: PALE DRY. Umm. Great. Exactly the look I was going for?

2. Suggested Retail Price is $2.50. Seems to originally have been sold at Food World. For $.49. The $1.00 Goodwill price tag (placed over the $.49) is further proof of Goodwill's lunacy.

3. Stevens figured it out. Of course HE did. Men know exactly what improvements are needed in the world of hosiery. Quite the innovator, isn't he? What a guy!

4. Panti-less Panti-hose (so they fit). Because it is the uber-thin cotton swath that has had me straining in my hose all these years. Am I right, ladies?

5. Reversible. Really? As in, capable of being turned inside-out? Really? This is a selling point? Stevens strikes again!


Back of Package


Because you can't read the small print, I've provided it below. I emphasized certain words, but otherwise this is word for word what the packaging says!

"Ease Hip-lets over the foot...then from the ankle, stretch up, up, up onto the thigh to a taut, even smoothness. Leave enough "give" at the knee for comfort in action

Holding belt, mold Hip-lets over the hips to your personal comfort level.

Fasten in front of and readjust the back if necessary. Now put on panties or panty girdle."

Seeing these made today a great day. I would love to have been a fly on the wall in the advertising department. What were they thinking??


On a related note (to thrifting) did you see the post from Young House Love about their Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge? It was great- it's over now but check it out anyway! 




THRIFT SHOP (PG Radio Edit Clean version) - MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS FEAT. WANZ from Garrett Wesley Gibbons on Vimeo.

Have y'all heard of him? What do you think?


Bless your mess,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!