Sunday, November 25, 2012

What she said...

When I first started reading blogs a couple of years ago, one of my usual stops was Jones Design Company. Emily has a beautiful family, home and business. All of the printables she designs and shares were one of the biggest reasons that I read her blog. And the artwork that is available for purchase really caught my eye- how she combines scripture and art in a modern, graphic way feels really accessible. 

With an ever increasing blog roll to be inspired by, I have not visited Jones Design in a while. Until last night. When I spent the better part of 2 hours enjoying what I've missed the last 6 months. Of all that I have missed, (of which I pinned a bunch for future inspiration), Emily's post about playing with her kids felt like it was just for me.

Reading blogs can be so hard because it seems like everyone else has their act together: their homes are clean AND stylish; their family-lives are pleasant AND prioritized; those women are great moms AND wives AND bloggers AND still have time for themselves. I really appreciate it when the women behind the blogs I love share their struggles. Yes, I am blessed to have children and to be home with them. Yes, I love them and I am glad to be home with them. And Yes, I feel guilty when I'd rather finish mopping the floor or cook dinner by myself or read a blog post instead of playing with my kids.







If your children ever ask you "mommy, can you play with me?" and you feel conflicted about whether to say yes or no, then read Emily's post "Do You Play With Your Kids?".  You'll no longer feel alone with your guilt!

Bless your mess,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!